- New skill:
- Old Testament promise/New Testament fulfillment
- Genesis 3:1–24
- Discussion of Genesis 3:15
- Discussion of New Testament fulfillment: Matt. 4; Rom. 5; Rev. 12
At-Home Skills Practice:
- Step 1: Guess what? We’re reading through Genesis 1–11 again this week. This time I want you to begin to record/write down repeated phrases and ideas that you notice. Bring this list with you to class so we can discuss it.
For example, maybe you notice how the author revisits some themes with Noah that were part of the story of Adam and Eve. Begin to make a list of those. Be sure to bring it with you to class to share what you’re finding. Also be sure to include the chapter and verse(s) for each one.
Remember, you can also use an audio Bible for this section.
- Step 2: Read through Revelation 20:1–22:5 three times this week. Practice doing this aloud on at least one of your read-throughs.
- Step 3: Make a list of similarities/repeated ideas or images between Genesis 1–3 and Revelation 20–22:5. Then complete the chart below recording those similarities and differences. (Click to enlarge, download and print the chart.)
Don’t stress – not every box will be filled. Just record some of the similarities and differences that you notice. I found about 12. See what you find. Bring this with you to class so we can discuss it. (Did I mention, don’t stress?)
- Read: Now is a good time to get caught up on the reading in Stuart and Fee’s book (if you’re doing that), How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth. Try to get through chapters 1 and 2.