- New skill:
- Word study
- Genesis 2:4–25
- Discussion of ezer
At-Home Skills Practice:
- Step 1: As you read through Genesis 1–11 again this week, begin to make an outline of the major sections of thought. I’ve done the first 3 sections below.
- Section 1: Genesis 1:1–2:3
- Section 2: Genesis 2:4–25
- Section 3: Genesis 3:1–24
- You finish it through chapter 11.
- Step 2: Read through Genesis 3 at least 3 times this week out loud. Do this at different times in the week.
- Step 3: Write out 10 questions that you have about Genesis 3. Bring these questions with you to next week’s class.
- Step 4: Think about this question: What aspects of Genesis 3 might lead people to think that this is a mythological story and not real history? What aspects of the story would point to it being real history?
- Step 5: Meditate on this creation account through your week. What is the main point of this passage? Ask the Holy Spirit to help you. Bring your answer with you next week to class
- Read: chapter 2 in Stuart and Fee’s, How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth.