- Review of last week's lesson
- Identify your bias
- Ask questions
- Identify the larger thought-unit (near context and far context)
- New skill:
- Preliminary background research
- Genesis 1:1–2:3
At-Home Skills Practice:
- Step 1: Read through Genesis 1–11 again, at least one time. Ideally, do this all in one sitting. (If you can’t do it in one, then do it in two.) You can also use an audio Bible (like the ones available for free on the YouVersionBible app).
- Step 2: Read through Genesis 2:4–25 at least 3 times this week out loud. Do this at different times in the week.
- Step 3: Write out 10 questions that you have about Genesis 2:4–25. Bring these questions with you to next week’s class.
- Step 4: Meditate on this creation account through your week. What is the main point of this passage? Ask the Holy Spirit to help you. Bring your answer with you next week to class.
- Read: chapter 1 in Stuart and Fee’s, How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth.
- Article: "Moses, The Original Mythbuster"